Our Website allows individuals to sell their used cell phones, iPhones, tablets and other electronic devices (the “Equipment”) to us. Upon receipt of the Equipment and verification of its condition, we will pay the Equipment owner for the Equipment in the form of PayPal, check or cash(local pickup only for cash). Please see our Website for additional terms and conditions relating to the sale and purchase of Equipment. If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain your parent’s permission to submit Equipment to us and to become a registered user.
Buyer reserves the right to revoke the original Offer and provide a “Revised Offer” for the Device if: (a) you indicated the Device is in the Like New or Good condition but it is not as described, and/or (b) you indicated the Device is in the Damaged condition but it is crushed, bent or has missing parts, and/or (c) you indicated a different model than that you sent to Upward Mobile, LLC, and/or (d) the Device is received in the mail more fourteen (14) days after you accepted the original Offer. In the event Upward Mobile, LLC provides you with a Revised Offer, you shall have the option of accepting or rejecting the Revised Offer. You will have seven (7) calendar days after Upward Mobile, LLC sends the Revised Offer via e-mail to the e-mail address you provided to accept or reject the Revised Offer via email or phone response. If you accept the Revised Offer, you will be paid as requested in the order. If you reject the Revised Offer, the Device will be returned to the mailing address you provided on the Website during checkout free of charge. If the Revised Offer is neither affirmatively accepted nor rejected by you during the seven (7) calendar day period, Upward Mobile, LLC will consider the Revised Offer to have been accepted by you and you will be issued payment for the Revised Offer price within two (2) business days.
ATTENTION PARENTS: If you do not agree to your child’s acceptance of the TOS, please contact us at email@example.com
1. Use of Website and Content. The Website, including without limitation, any information, software, photographs, images, video, audio, graphics, or text on the Website (“Content”), and all patent, copyright, trademark, trade dress, domain name, trade secret, and other proprietary rights therein are the sole property of Chancellor Communications. Subject to this TOS, we grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to access and use the Website and the Content solely for personal uses, and for no other purpose. You may not modify, publish, transmit, translate, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit, the Website or any of the Content, in whole or in part. No copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of downloaded material will be permitted. You acquire no ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material.
2. Code of Conduct. While using the Website and the Content, you will: (a) Comply with all federal, state and local laws that apply to your use of the Website; (b) Refrain from posting or transmitting through the Website any material that violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others (including, without limitation, any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights); (c) Refrain from posting or transmitting material that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane or otherwise objectionable, encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violates any law, or contains advertising or any solicitation; (d) Refrain from using the Website and the Content in a manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair any server, or the network(s) connected to any server of Chancellor Communications, its affiliates or service providers, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Website; (e) Not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Website or any services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any server or to any of the services, through hacking, password mining or any other means; (f) Refrain from uploading, posting or making available on the Website any User Content protected by copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, and the burden of determining that any is not protected by copyright rests with you.
We make no warranties or representations related to the Content or the Website and disclaim all liability for errors or omissions in the information presented. You acknowledge that we do not ordinarily monitor User Content (as defined below). We reserve the right to refuse to accept or remove any User Content that is, in our sole discretion, unacceptable, and to disclose User Content to law enforcement agencies or authorities who may investigate reports of misuse or abuse of the Website or the Content. You acknowledge that you use the Website at your own risk.
Personal Data. The Seller is solely responsible for any personal, financial and sensitive information stored in the Goods, including all accessories. It is the Seller’s responsibility to delete all personal, financial and sensitive information from the Goods that may contain data before being submitted to the Company. The Seller understands that the Company is not responsible for removing data from the Goods and cannot guarantee that all data left on the Goods will be deleted. By the Seller releasing title of the Goods to the Company, the Seller agrees to release the Company from any claim as to the Goods, the data stored in such Goods, or any data on any media or other accessories used in conjunction with the Goods, or for such data’s security, integrity, confidentiality, disclosure or use. The Company is not responsible for any loss suffered by the Seller due to any data that is not erased or removed from the Goods.
Final Sale- Transfer of Title and Risk of Loss: The Seller agrees that the sale of the Goods to Upward Mobile, LLC is final once payment is made by delivery of the payment to the Seller. The title to the Goods pass to Upward Mobile, LLC upon such delivery of the payment to the Seller. Neither the Goods nor any data stored thereon can be returned to the Seller after the payment has been so delivered to the Seller. The risk of loss for, and title to, the payment pass to the Seller upon such delivery of the payment. Upward Mobile, LLC is not responsible for any lost or stolen payments.
4. Access. You are responsible for obtaining at your own expense all equipment and services needed to access and use the Upward Mobile, LLC website and Services, including all devices, Internet browsers and Internet access. If you access the Upward Mobile, LLC website and the Upward Mobile, LLC Services through a mobile or wireless device, you are responsible for all fees that your carrier may charge you for data, text messaging and other wireless access or communication services.
6. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless us and our subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, partners and licensors from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of User Content you submit, transmit or otherwise make available, your use of the Website or the Content, your connection to the Website, your violation of the TOS or the Terms of Sale or your violation of any rights of another party.
7. Trademarks. Unauthorized use of trademarks, service marks or logos owned by Upward Mobile, LLC is strictly prohibited and may also be a violation of federal and state trademark laws.
8. Copyright. The Website is protected by U.S. copyright laws and owned by us, our affiliates, and certain third party providers. Except as expressly provided in this TOS, you may not use, reproduce, modify, transmit, distribute or publicly display any part of the Website or the Content without our prior written consent.
We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask you to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent the following information:
a. An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
b. A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
c. A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
d. Your address, telephone number, and email address;
e. A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
f. A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. Our Copyright Agent for Notice of claims of copyright infringement on the Website can be reached by directing an email to the Copyright Agent at firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Contests. We may sponsor contests occasionally, and you may send a contest submission to us in order to be eligible to receive a prize. We will provide rules for such contests on the Website.
10. Disclaimer of Warranties. THE WEBSITE, THE CONTENT AND ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS” “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, SYSTEMS INTEGRATION, ACCURACY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT USE OF THE WEBSITE, THE CONTENT OR PRODUCTS OR SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR TAKING ALL NECESSARY PRECAUTIONS TO ENSURE THAT ANY CONTENT YOU MAY OBTAIN IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR ANY OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
11. Limitation of Liability. YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND RECEIPT OF PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDER OR ANY OF OUR OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE WEBSITE, THE SERVICES, THE PRODUCTS, THE CONTENT, OR USER CONTENT, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY DECISION OR ACTION TAKEN IN RELIANCE UPON ANY CONTENT, ANY DELAYS, ERRORS, OMISSIONS OR INTERRUPTIONS IN DELIVERY, NEGLIGENCE, ACTS OF GOD, TELECOMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF, OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE OR THE CONTENT, OR FOR ANY TYPES OF DAMAGES OR LIABILITY, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
(i). Upward Mobile, LLC will have no liability for any item while in transit or otherwise in the possession or custody of any party other than Upward Mobile, LLC, including, without limitation, any common postal carrier, customs authority or postal or delivery space. You bear the risk of loss until Upward Mobile, LLC receives and acknowledges receipt and verification of your item(s), even if you send items in shipping materials provided by Upward Mobile, LLC.
(ii).Upward Mobile, LLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject delivery of any prepaid mailing kit, mail, envelope, package or other material that appears damage, opened or tampered with. Any such rejected material will be returned to you and Upward Mobile, LLC will have no liability for any such attempted delivery or return of any item(s).
12. Exclusion of Consequential Damages; Further Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDER OR ANY OF OUR OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY OTHER LOSS OR INJURY CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART IN RELATION TO THE WEBSITE, THE SERVICES, THE PRODUCTS, THE CONTENT OR THE USER CONTENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS IN THE “DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES” AND “DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY” SECTIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN THOSE CIRCUMSTANCES, AS WELL AS ANY OTHER WHERE LIABILITY OCCURS, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF Upward Mobile, LLC UNDER THIS TOS, OR ANY MATTER RELATING TO THIS TOS, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ANY CLAIM OR ACTION OR THEORY OF LIABILITY (INCLUDING CONTRACT, TORT, OR WARRANTY) SHALL NOT EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) AND THAT AMOUNT SHALL BE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER REMEDIES WHICH YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST US AND ANY AFFILIATED PARTY.
13. Governing Law. The TOS shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of Maine, USA, without reference to its choice of law rules. By accessing the Website you understand and agree that all transactions take place in Cumberland County, ME and agree that the federal and state courts in Cumberland County, ME have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes with Upward Mobile, LLC arising from or related to your use of the Website or any of the products or services or Content or User Content on the Website. You irrevocably consent and submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of such courts, and you irrevocably waive any jurisdictional, venue or inconvenient forum objections to such courts.
14. Statute of Limitations. Except for claims arising from your misuse of the Website or the Content, or claims arising from the User Content, you agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Website, the Content or the TOS must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
15. Third Party Links. The Website may contain links to third party websites. We make no representation regarding the content or accuracy of any website that you may access through the Website. We do not monitor and are not responsible for the content found on other websites that are linked from the Website. We do not endorse, recommend or sponsor any linked website or the services, products or advice described on such site, and we shall have no liability for its content, including its accuracy, subject matter, quality or timeliness, or any personal information that you provide to such site. USE OF SUCH SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. The views, opinions, statements, offers or other information or content expressed herein are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s), not of Upward Mobile, LLC.
16. Third Party Services. We may allow access to or advertise certain third-party product or service providers(“Merchants”) from which you may purchase certain goods or services. You understand that we do not operate or control the products or services offered by Merchants. Merchants are responsible for all aspects of order processing, fulfillment, billing and customer service. We are not a party to the transactions entered into between you and Merchants. You agree that use of or purchase from such Merchants is AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND IS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND BY US, EXPRESSED, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF TITLE, FITNESS FOR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE WE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE TRANSACTIONS BETWEEN YOU AND MERCHANTS OR FOR ANY INFORMATION APPEARING ON MERCHANT SITES OR ANY OTHER SITE LINKED TO OUR SITE. All rules, policies (including privacy policies) and operating procedures of Merchants will apply to you while on any Merchant sites. We are not responsible for information provided by you to Merchants. We and the Merchants are independent contractors and neither party has authority to make any representations or commitments on behalf of the other.
17. Security. We do not make warranties or representations regarding the security of Content or User Content. Data sent over the internet may be intercepted by third parties; if you are concerned about the security of your personal data(address, name), you should be careful when sending over the internet.
19. User ID and Password. If you are a registered user, you are required to have a user ID and password to access certain areas of the Website. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user ID and password and are responsible for all uses of them, regardless of whether the uses were authorized by you. We prohibit the transfer or sharing of user IDs and passwords. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your user ID or password or any other breach of security.
20. Termination. You agree that we may, at our discretion, and without prior notice, immediately terminate your access to the Website.
21. No Third Party Beneficiaries. You agree that, except as otherwise expressly provided in this TOS, there shall be no third party beneficiaries to this TOS.
22. Waiver. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this TOS shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
23. Headings. The section and paragraph headings used in this TOS are inserted for convenience only and will not affect the meaning or interpretation of this TOS.
26. Contacting Upward Mobile, LLC. If you have Website questions, comments, or concerns, please email at: email@example.com. Please include details of your questions, comments or concerns and your complete name and contact information.